How to get involved
The PFA committee is currently made up of:
Amy Barker - Chair (Ben's mum)
Jodie Pownall - Treasurer/Secretary (George's mum)
Cassie Valter (Freddie, Martha and Stan's mum)
Rachel Monteath (Gene and Carrie's mum)
Emma Birchenall (Ellie's mum)
David McCartney (William's dad)
Ashley Parry (Head Teacher)
AGM - 18th October, 5.30PM - 6.30PM at school.
You can support the PFA in a range of ways:
- be a member of the PFA Committee - we meet up in the build-up to events to help organise events and fundraising
- volunteer - give time at our events to help them run smoothly!
- Just come along to PFA meetings / socials to see what the PFA's all about and maybe share ideas on fundraising
If you want to join the committee, volunteer, ask questions, offer a donation, make a suggestion or generally just get involved in some way:
- look out for us in the playground
- drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- leave a message with Mrs Barlow in the office and one of us will get back to you.
- Find us on facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/NewtownPFA/
The PFA at Newtown Primary School have pledged to support the school in so many important and exciting ways:
- £1,800 to provide children with additional IT resources (extra netbooks / tablets)
- £600 (£200 per class) to provide Class teachers with funds to enhance teaching and learning
- £600 (£200 per class) to reduce costs to parents for trips or in-school enrichment activities.
- £300 to fund coach costs for a whole school trip
- £100 to provide Buddies with resources to run their lunch-time clubs
- £100 to provide the School Council with funds to support projects
- £100 to supply Waterproof suits for reception (to complement parental donations of waterproofs) if insufficient 2nd hand suits not donated.
- £110 (£14 a child) continued funding of Y6 Leavers present or event
Newtown PFA - What we do
Newtown Primary School PFA (Parent Friends Association) is a Registered Charity No: 1065 682.
`Raising money to give our children extra opportunities'
What we do:
Newtown School PFA consists of all parents and/or guardians of pupils attending Newtown, all Teachers and Friends of our school. We aim to advance the education of the pupils in the school by:
1) Raising money through events and activities. Events / activities include:
- Christmas Fair
- Summer Fair
- New Mills Carnival cake stall
- Non-uniform days
- Tea Box Tea Party
2) Providing and assisting in the provision of facilities / equipment for education at the school
- Funding coaches for school trips
- Wet weather equipment
- Playground equipment
- Extra classroom resources for all classes
- IT equipment for classes
- Providing costs for the drama group performances.
3) Supporting the school with activities and events:
- Children's Christmas Party
- School Christmas plays - providing refreshments
- School Productions
- Junior School disco
- New Mills Carnival - organising the school walking group
4) Developing more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school