How to get involved
The PFA committee is currently made up of:
Amy Barker - Chair (Ben's mum)
Jodie Pownall - Treasurer/Secretary (George's mum)
Cassie Valter (Freddie, Martha and Stan's mum)
Rachel Monteath (Gene and Carrie's mum)
Emma Birchenall (Ellie's mum)
David McCartney (William's dad)
Ashley Parry (Head Teacher)
AGM - 18th October, 5.30PM - 6.30PM at school.
You can support the PFA in a range of ways:
- be a member of the PFA Committee - we meet up in the build-up to events to help organise events and fundraising
- volunteer - give time at our events to help them run smoothly!
- Just come along to PFA meetings / socials to see what the PFA's all about and maybe share ideas on fundraising
If you want to join the committee, volunteer, ask questions, offer a donation, make a suggestion or generally just get involved in some way:
- look out for us in the playground
- drop an email to email@example.com
- leave a message with Mrs Barlow in the office and one of us will get back to you.
- Find us on facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/NewtownPFA/
The PFA at Newtown Primary School have pledged to support the school with the following:
Playground equipment on Astroturf for Class 1: £1,000 towards the total cost
Classroom resources and enrichment: £600/£200 a class
Coach trip subsidy: £600/£200 a class
Young Voices coach with Thornsett: £250 approved to match Thronsett PTA funding
Leavers presents/event: £168/£14 per head
PFA insurance: £65
£445 unallocated at meeting available for in-year funding requests (Subject Revolution workshop, Animal Experience events, Author visit, Illustrator visit, coffee machine and candy floss machine for PFA events)
The PFA at Newtown Primary School have pledged to support the school in so many important and exciting ways:
- £1,800 to provide children with additional IT resources (extra netbooks / tablets)
- £600 (£200 per class) to provide Class teachers with funds to enhance teaching and learning
- £600 (£200 per class) to reduce costs to parents for trips or in-school enrichment activities.
- £300 to fund coach costs for a whole school trip
- £100 to provide Buddies with resources to run their lunch-time clubs
- £100 to provide the School Council with funds to support projects
- £100 to supply Waterproof suits for reception (to complement parental donations of waterproofs) if insufficient 2nd hand suits not donated.
- £110 (£14 a child) continued funding of Y6 Leavers present or event
Newtown PFA - What we do
Newtown Primary School PFA (Parent Friends Association) is a Registered Charity No: 1065 682.
`Raising money to give our children extra opportunities'
What we do:
Newtown School PFA consists of all parents and/or guardians of pupils attending Newtown, all Teachers and Friends of our school. We aim to advance the education of the pupils in the school by:
1) Raising money through events and activities. Events / activities include:
- Christmas Fair
- Summer Fair
- New Mills Carnival cake stall
- Non-uniform days
- Tea Box Tea Party
2) Providing and assisting in the provision of facilities / equipment for education at the school
- Funding coaches for school trips
- Wet weather equipment
- Playground equipment
- Extra classroom resources for all classes
- IT equipment for classes
- Providing costs for the drama group performances.
3) Supporting the school with activities and events:
- Children's Christmas Party
- School Christmas plays - providing refreshments
- School Productions
- Junior School disco
- New Mills Carnival - organising the school walking group
4) Developing more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school